Team Laura looks forward to another great RideAtaxia for FARA! Thank you to everyone who supported our annual RideAtaxia fundraiser in 2016.
- On October 15, we’re participating in our 7th RideAtaxia Philly event to cure Friedreich’s ataxia (FA), a progressive debilitating, neuromuscular disease that Laura Beth was diagnosed with at age 11.
- In 2016 Team Laura raised an incredible $38,208 for FARA, by far the highest amount in donations we have ever received for an event since we started doing this 2002! Thank you for your support! We had 270 individual donations to the team.
- The ride Ataxia Philly event bested its goal by over $80,000, raising $334,640.
- Team Laura was the 2nd leading fundraising team, and Laura Beth the highest individual fundraiser at $13,631 – which was more than $2000 higher than her neurologist, Dr. David Lynch.
- Team Laura has now raised over $265,000 in cumulative donations to FARA supporting research, drug discovery and clinical trials over the last 15 years to find a cure for Friedreich’s Ataxia.
Join us in supporting the urgent pace of that research. Donate. Together we will cure FA!